Deputy Hospitalized After Eating Seized Drugs He Mistook For “Candy”
A Texas Sheriff’s Office deputy was taken to a hospital after consuming what he thought was candy!
The deputy grabbed up some “candy” from a stash seized during a safety sweep of an apartment. The department had seized a large amount of “marijuana and boxes of edibles and mushrooms.”
The drugs looked colorful and had been divided into clear plastic baggies, then packed into boxed. One of those boxes we left unattended and the deputy helped himself to a wild ride!
The deputy was taken to a hospital but released the same day. There currently is an internal investigation into the whole situation.