Kid Eats Pouch of ‘Rainbow Campfire’ Chemicals He Thought Were Pop Rocks
A nine-year-old in North Carolina ended up in the E.R after he thought he was eating Pop Rocks . . . but it was really a pouch of TOXIC CHEMICALS you toss on a fire to make it burn different colors. Luckily, he’s okay.
The chemicals come in a bag around the same size and similar looking to Pop Rocks. The boy won the bag while playing games with his family on New Year’s Eve. He thought it was weird when he opened them and ate them, but they didn’t start popping or have any flavor.
This got the kid a night in the hospital, but will be ok. This isn’t the first time this item has caused a similar emergency. Now his mother is calling for safer labels and packaging.