A stupid online “challenge” landed a man from China in the emergency room.

The man, known only as Mr. Chen, burst into a fire station panicked over the fact that he’d somehow gotten a LED light bulb stuck in his mouth. Unable to get the job done without risking serious injury, Chen was taken to a nearby hospital, where a special “mouth opener” was used to safely remove the bulb.

As for why he did something so stupid in the first place, Chen said he watched someone do it in an online video…and wanted to see if he could do it also.

Sign me up for the Dave & Chuck the Freak Daily Download newsletter!

Monday through Friday you'll get our daily Peep Show delivered to your inbox along with stories you won't want to miss.

By clicking "Subscribe" I agree to the website's terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time.